- There are about 250 million people with diabetes in the world
- Type 1 diabetes is growing by 3% per year in children and adolescents.
- It is estimated that 70,000 children under 15 develop type 1 diabetes each year (200 children a day).
- Of the estimated 440,000 cases of type 1 diabetes in children worldwide, more than a quarter live in South-East Asia, and more than a fifth in Europe.
- In the US, it is estimated that type 2 diabetes represents between 8 and 45% of new-onset diabetes cases in children
- Over a 20-year period, type 2 diabetes has doubled in children in Japan, so that it is now more common than type.
Read Current News : http://bbc-cnn-worldnews.blogspot.com/